1. Water will be absorbed by root hairs when –
(A) Concentration of solutes in the cell sap is high
(B) Plant is rapidly respiring
(C) They are separated from soil by a permeable membrane
(D) Concentation of salts in the soil is high
2. Which of the following is connected with transport of water in plants ?
(A) Phloem (B) Xylem
(C) Epidermis (D) Cambium
3. The transpiration in plants will be lowest –
(A) When there is high humidity in the atmosphere
(B) There is excess of water in the cell
(C) Environmental condition share very dry humidity
(D) High wind velocity
4. Which of the following process keeps plant cool ?
(A) Transpiration (B) Guttation
(C) Photosynthesis (D) Transloation
5. Rate of transpiration in a dorsiventral leaf is –
(A) Greater at the upper surface
(B) Greater at the lower surface
(C) Equal at both the surface
(D) None of the above
6. In a closed circulatory system blood is completely enclosed within –
(A) The skeleton (B) Sinuses
(C) Vessels (D) Hearts
7. In which of the following groups of animal the heart pumps only deoxygenated blood ?
(A) Fishes (B) Reptile
(C) Birds (D) Amphibians
8. Hemoglobin is found in –
(A) All invertebrates
(B) Only in vertebrates
(C) Earthworm and rabbit
(D) Cockroach and earthworm
9. The smallest blood vessel in the body is a –
(A) Capillary (B) Artery
(C) Vena cava (D) Vein
10. The exchange of materials between blood and interstitial fluid occurs only at the –
(A) Veins (B) Capillaries
(C) Arteries (D) Arterioles
11. Both erythrocytes and leucocytes are formed in the –
(A) Bone marrow (B) Thymus
(C) Arterial walls (D) Lymph nodes
12. An erythrocyte lives for approximately –
(A) One week (B) One month
(C) Four months (D) One year
13. Which blood constituent makes up more the volume of blood ?
(A) Red blood cells
(C) Blood proteins
(D) White blood cells
14. Number of RBC increases if one lives at higher altitude because –
(A) There is less oxygen on mountains
(B) More heat is required in body for producing body warmth
(C) There are no germs in moutian air
(D) There is more oxygen on mountains
15. “Leukaemia” a cancer is due to –
(A) Excessive production of WBCs
(B) Excessive production of RBCs
(C) Excessive production of platelets
(D) All of these
16. Females need more dietary iron than males because –
(A) They lose iron during menstruation
(B) They have less bone marrow
(C) They have large volume of blood
(D) They are less able to absorb iron
17. Blood clot inside a blood vessel is known as –
(A) Thrombosis (B) Agglutinin
(C) Clot (D) Thrombus
18. In human, the prothrombin required for blood clotting is produced in –
(A) Liver (B) Stomach
(C) Pancreas (D) Spleen
19. Oxygenated blood is carried by –
(A) Pulmonary vein
(B) Pulmonary artery
(C) Hepatic portal vein
(D) Renal vein
20. In mammals, oxygenated blood enters the heart at the –
(A) Right atrium
(B) Left atrium
(C) Right ventricle
(D) Left ventricle
21. Which chamber of a bird heart does oxygen rich blood first enter ?
(A) Right atrium (B) Right ventricle
(C) Left ventricle (D) Left atrium
22. Which chamber of the heart has the thickest muscular walls ?
(A) Right atrium (B) Left atrium
(C) Right ventricle (D) Left ventricle
23. The tricuspid valve occurs between the –
(A) Right auricle and right ventricle
(B) Pulmonary aorta & Left ventricle
(C) Cortico-systemic aorta and left ventricle
(D) Left ventricle & Right auricle
24. Which one of the following is called pace maker of the heart ?
(A) SA node (B) AV node
(C) Bundle of His (D) AV septum
25. The colour of lymph is –
(A) White (B) Yellow
(C) Colourless (D) Milky
Exercise # 2
Descriptive Answer Type Question
- What is transportation ?
- Define circulatory system.
- What is life span of RBC ?
- What is the function of blood platelets ?
- List components of blood.
- Define serum.
- Name the valves at auriculoventricular apertures.
- Name the blood vesssels which carry deoxygenated blood to (a) Lungs (b) Heart.
- Define double circulation.
- What is transpiration ?
- Name the constituent cells of xylem.
- What are tracheary elements ?
- Enumerate the functions of transportation in human.
- Enumerate the various modes of transportation.
- Describe the structure and function of blood cell ?
- Write a note on arteies ?
- Distinguish an artery from a vein.
- Explain what is double circulation.
- Write the note on xylem.
- Write the differences between xylem and phloem.
- How will you define transpiration ?
- Describe the structure and functioning of heart with the help of a diagram.
- What are components of blood and what is the functions of each ?
- Explain the blood group in human.
- Write the functions of blood.