Bloatware is the mains reason of a slow android phone. As we know that many Chinese company like Realme, Redmi, Oppo, Vivo, etc provides a high-end hardware configuration device in very low budget. But do you know how does they manage the cost? Okay let us describe, These companies runs lot of services and apps and they earn for sharing the user data. Now they also include their app store and they always recommend to download apps from their own app store instead of Google Play Store. When the user downloads apps from their own store they get paid for that.
All these services and apps uses lot of CPU and memory. Due to high resource use phone become hotter and leggy, it also cover lot of space of your mobile storage.
So in this thread you will know how to delete preinstalled apps on android to speed up your phone. This trick will work for almost every android device like, Redmi, Mi, Realme, Oppo, Vivo, etc. So read the thread carefully. Here we will describe everything to uninstall, disable and reenable the apps.
Note: Only remove the known apps and services and do it carefully.
5 Things required to remove bloatware
- USB to Micro or C type cable.
- Mobile Device
- Platform tool: platform-tools_r31.0.2-windows
- Package Viewer
How to remove bloatware?
Removing bloatware is not easy for now because mobile companies don’t allow to uninstall the preinstalled apps. So if you have above things ready then make sure your device is enabled for developer mode and USB debugging is also allowed. If not enabled follow the below steps.
How to enable developer mode?
- Go to Settings.
- Search for about phone or scroll.
- Click on about phone.
- again click on Version
- Click 7 times on build version to enter developer mode.
You will successfully enable developer option. Now lets know about USB Debugging
How to enable USB Debugging?
If you followed the above steps and enabled developer option then follow the bellow steps.
- Go to developer option
- Search for USB debugging or scroll down to find the USB Debugging.
- Enable it.
So another step of enabling USB Debugging has been done now follow the below steps
Using Platform tool to remove bloatware
Now you need to copy the platform folder to your pc and follow the below steps
- Connect your phone to PC using Cable
- Be sure USB debugging enabled and transferring file also enabled
- Open the platform tools file.
- Type cmd and hit enter in address bar of you file manager.
- A command prompt will start
- Type adb shell and hit enter
Now you will get your device name as a result like below image.
Now you need to type bellow code followed by app package name.
Note: Package Name can be find using Package Viewer.
Code to remove or Uninstall preinstalled apps.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 "Package Name"
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.heytap.browser
Bloatware List of Realme Phones
Realme phone Apps that are safe to uninstall:
- Android Auto: com.google.android.projection.gearhead
- Realme/ColorOS browser: com.heytap.browser
- Realme Community: com.realmecomm.app
- DocVault: com.os.docvault
- Default file manager: com.coloros.filemanager
- Focus Mode: com.coloros.focusmode
- Google One: com.google.android.apps.subscriptions.red
- Google Play Movies & TV: com.google.android.videos
- Google Podcasts: com.google.android.apps.podcasts
- Heytap Cloud: com.heytap.cloud
- Realme/ColorOS music: com.oppo.music
- One-Tap Lock Screen: com.coloros.onekeylockscreen
- Realme Link: com.realme.link
- Realme PaySa: com.realmepay.payments
- Realme Store: com.realmestore.app
- Realme Recorder: com.coloros.soundrecorder
- Default video app: com.coloros.video
- Default Weather app: com.coloros.weather2 | com.coloros.weather.service
Code To Reinstall Uninstalled Apps
Suppose you incorrectly removed the useful apps then you can try below code to reinstall the apps again.
cmd package install-existing "package name"
Code to Disable Preinstalled Apps
Some of the apps will not be removed, in this case you can try disable them using following codes.
pm disable-user --user 0 "package name"
Code to Enable Preinstalled Apps
Again you want to enable the disabled app then try below code
pm enable "package name”
How to Uninstall Facebook bloatware
Facebook is the app that uses lot of services in background that cause the heating and lag issues. Facebook analytics records users interest and also they show the ads related to interest. So this is the big problem for users and device too. So, if you want to uninstall facebook services then try the below code to remove facebook completely.
adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.katana pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.appmanager pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.services pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.facebook.system
We tested this trick and got a huge increase in the device speed and also solved the heating issues and lag problems. As per my experience OTA Update does not bring back these apps back but if you are installing or updating it from a complete rom package then these bloatware may return and you need to redo the same thing to get off from these problems.
Note: This is the best method to uninstall preinstalled apps on android without root