Hello friends, you must have read in previous posts how to buy a domain name and what are the things to be kept in mind while buying a domain name? Hosting is now required after purchasing the domain name. So in this post, we will know what hosting is and how to host a free website, how to add a custom domain name to a blogger. So friends read the post till the end so that no necessary information is missed.
Before proceeding, we need to know about hosting or web hosting, so let’s know about web hosting.
Also read: How to make a blog or website:
What is web hosting?
Hosting or Web Hosting is a service through which you can upload your, blog, website, files, photos, etc. to the Internet. And all these things can be accessed through the internet by any user.
For more information about hosting or web hosting read our upcoming post
How to host a free website (Free Website Kaise Host Kare)
By searching for free website hosting, you will get many results, but Blogger is the best platform to host a free website. Many successful bloggers still host their websites on Blogger. So let’s know how to connect domain name to blogger
How to add a domain name to Blogger (Blogger Ko Domain Se Kaise Jode)
Connecting the domain to Blogger is very easy. Blogger has changed its user interface, which can now be done very easily.
Follow the steps given below to connect the domain name to Blogger.
- First of all visit blogger.com and login and go to the dashboard.
- To add a domain to Blogger, click on Settings.
- On scrolling, you will get the option of publishing. After this, you have to click on the custom domain.
- After clicking on the custom domain the domain name has to be ad with www as blogger does not support without WWW.
- After adding it and saving it, you will see an error message. In this error message, you will get two CNAME details which will have to be updated in the DNS settings of your GoDaddy or Big Rock domain registrar’s account.
- This means that your Domain Name has not been verified. Because the blogger’s DNS record has not been updated in the records of Godaddy or the domain provider.
- Now you have to update the DNS file by clicking on the DNS setting to add a DNS records to the portal of Godaddy or any domain name provider.
How to add DNS records in Godaddy?
- Now go to godaddy.com and log in.
- After login, you will be redirected to the product page. After scrolling, you will get a list of your domain.
- After clicking DNS, a new page will open where you have to add details.
- Here you will already get a CNAME named www, whose @ value is replaced by the name of your blogger.
- You have to add another CNAME which can be done by clicking on the add button.
- For the second CNAME, you have to add another name and value from the blogger.
- And your domain will be connected to Blogger
It takes 15 minutes to update the information, for which you can wait.
Next blog: how to bring the blog to search engine
If you are still unable to connect a domain to Blogger then you can watch this video which is made in English.